Secondly, during the ACM Awards on April 6th, which happens to be Haggard's 77th birthday, he will receive the ACM's Crystal Milestone Award honoring his 50th anniversary in country music.
Haggard topped the Billboard country singles chart thirty-eight times between 1967 and 1988. He won the ACM's first entertainer of the year award and was named top male vocalist a record-setting six times.
Working Man's Poet, on Broken Bow Records, will be available digitally through iTunes. Physical copies of the album, sold only at Walmart, will include Garth Brooks' version of Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down. The album also includes two songs recorded by Haggard's son, Ben, who plays guitar in his father's band.
Track Listing: Working Man's Poet: A Tribute to Merle Haggard:
- Misery and Gin, Randy Houser
- Footlights, Joe Nichols
- Going Where the Lonely Go, Jason Aldean
- Today I Started Loving You Again, Kristy Lee Cook
- Carolyn, Toby Keith
- Pancho and Lefty, Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley
- Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down, Garth Brooks (Walmart edition only)
- You Take Me for Granted, Thompson Square
- Mama Tried, Ben Haggard
- That's the Way Love Goes, Dustin Lynch
- Make Up and Faded Blue Jeans, Jake Owen
- I'm a Lonesome Fugitive, James Wesley
- Workin' Man Blues, Parmalee
- Are the Good Times Really Over, Jason Aldean
- Let's Chase Each Other Around the Room, Thompson Square
- I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink, Dustin Lynch
- The Fightin' Side of Me, James Wesley
- My Favorite Memory, Joe Nichols
- Ramblin' Fever, Randy Houser
- Sing Me Back Home, Ben Haggard