The other day, someone referred to me as a "concert whore." I guess that's one way to phrase it. I like live music. A lot. There's just something about getting out and seeing a show. It feeds me, revives the spirit and refreshes the soul. I saw quite a few shows in 2013, here are some of my personal highlights.
10. Corey Smith Love seeing a new artist (to me) and then liking them so much I have to go out and get their entire music catalog, which I did.
9. Taylor Swift Whether you like her or not, it is undeniable that she puts on a good show and gives 200% for the entire (almost) two hours.
8.Blackberry Smoke and Drake White. Solid musicians and great tunes. Drake White is passionate and energetic live.
7. Chase Rice with Sam Hunt I went in not knowing what to expect and thinking "what am I getting into?" and left a fan. That's what a good show is supposed to do, right?
6. Charlie Worsham ACM Weekend on a stage outside The Orleans. The first time I saw this young man live and I was hooked.
5. Dierks Bentley & Miranda Lambert Locked & Reloaded I saw this tour WAY too many times to mention here for fear of embarrassment, but these two never disappointed. Miranda crying. Miranda balancing a cup on her head, Dierks giving away guitars and pulling girls on stage. Terrific music and a ton of fun! They had many openers throughout the year, but the best shows were with The Cadillac Three and Randy Rogers Band.
4. The Band Perry Saw them multiple times this year from Nevada to NYC and every time they blew me away. Kimberly's energy on stage rivals no other.
3. Eric Church Sure he didn't tour on his own, but his set during the No Shoes Nation Tour was worth the price of admission every time. I have said it before, he's electric live.
2. Dierks Bentley 50/50/one Bud Light concert in NYC Dierks in a small venue with Chris Stapleton as the opener. 'nuff said
1. Will Hoge, Wade Bowen and Josh Hoge at Losers in Nashville (substitute any Will Hoge show here actually). If you were at the Opry, or at a honkytonk on lower Broadway, you missed the best show during CMA week. On a stage in the parking lot of my favorite bar, were three talented singer songwriters who gave kickass performances that I could have watched every night that week because they're that good.