Among the treasures they will see:
- A custom Nudie suit
- Ray Price Cherokee Cowboy tour jacket circa 1950s
- Grammy Award for 1970 Best Country Vocal Male for "For The Good Times"
- Billboard Award for 1959 Best Single of the Year for "Heartaches By The Number"
- Cash Box Country Awards for 1959 Best Country Male Vocalist of the Year and 1988 Best Country Male Vocalist of the Year
- Academy of Country & Western Music 1970 Album of the Year for"For The Good Times"
- Custom saddle designed by Billy Cook
- The President's Cup Aksarben trophy awarded for First Place win by Price's Thoroughbred Sea Phantom (1971)
- Letter from Lyndon B. Johnson (1972) thanking Price for personal performance
A 2006 inductee into the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, Price's previous exhibit was "a bit smaller," according to Janie. "With the excitement of his new CD, Beauty Is ... the final sessions, the Museum wanted to enhance Ray's display, and that tied in nicely with a 3,000 square-foot expansion to their existing exhibit space." She adds, "Ray was so proud that he was able to accomplish his dream of becoming an international star, but he was most proud to be a Texan, and to be able to give back to his home state. To have this new exhibit so close to home, as we continue to write the last chapter in his life story, is a special honor."
Tommie Ritter Smith of the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame notes: "We are thrilled to have formed this partnership with Janie to honor the great Ray Price. He was very special to us. We hope his fans will visit our exhibit and love it as much as we do."
Although Price passed away in December 2013, accolades and awards continue to pour in. The Beauty Is ... project garnered a unique Honorable Mention on Billboard.com's The 10 Best Country Albums of 2014 list, and grabbed the #1 spot on TheNashvilleBridge.com's Top 10 Albums list. The disc debuted at #22 on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart, giving Ray his highest solo appearance on that chart in over three decades. Additionally, his duet with Martina McBride, "An Affair To Remember," scored as #8 on the Hotdisc International Chart's Top 30 Most Popular Songs of 2014 list after three consecutive weeks at #1. Recently, ESPN-TV soundtracked their College Football Playoff ads with Price's "For The Good Times" and Country's Family Reunion Tribute To Ray Price aired on RFD-TV. The CD, on Amerimonte Records, can be purchased at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® locations, Hastings Stores, Wal-Mart, Amazon and other retailers.
Photo Courtesy So Much Moore Media